Friday 30 November 2012

Where is my phone?

Have you ever forgotten your wallet? Don't lie, of course you have. Whenever I misplace, or purposefully leave my wallet or phone at home, I get the lingering feeling I have lost something, even if I know it's exact location. It seems the mere fact my stuff is in my pocket satisfies this feeling. I could have my phone in hand, while listening to music I'll panic, since I will be thinking it has been left somewhere.

I'll call you back, I need to search for my phone.
The complete opposite happens when I am at home. I cannot stand the feeling of stuff in my pockets, no matter how small they may be. I just place them on the most convenient shelf. It makes sense for my phone, which needs it's charging, but why all the other stuff? It's not like there isn't enough room in the pockets, and I would likely stick it back into that pair of pants again for whatever reason.

If this delicate balance of pocket contents is disturbed, it either annoys or worry's me. It is likely due to the fact that these objects stay in my pants all day, until I come home, and I stop needing them. I don't know how it could be a part of human nature, unless our ancient ancestors decided to carry an axe at the hip exactly where we like our pockets. Evolution probably killed those without axes by forcing them to fight gruesome creatures, which could only be destroyed by using such a weapon.
It's not like we evolved to keep our phones with us all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment